Sunday, February 2, 2014

Final Board Key Points

Ambient sharing
-collects emotional response data from thousands of viewers and represents the metaphorically in your peripheral awareness
-gives you the sense of togetherness and communal viewing (you don't talk to people while you watch with them, but you're aware they're there and that changes your experience)
-creates positive feedback loop of emotion (like watching a comedy at the movies rather than alone can be more fun)
-biometric sensors in the room collect physical responses indicating emotion
-eye focus sensors make sure you're responding to show and not something else (could be through webcam on tv or hub?)

Brian, I think the ambient rating system is too similar to the after party idea, I think it may be confusing to have both. I'm also nervous this is still a confusing add on and could be simplified to fit in with the after party feature more, I'm not sure if we have it figured out enough to present this way. Maybe I'm wrong.

After party
-forum which opens right after the show/movie/news/game is done
-talk about what you just watched
-incentive to watch live, but still works anytime
-get recommendations about what to watch from other people who like what you watched
-a way to connect with new people based on the show you watched
-a way to connect with people who are fans of what you're fans of (a "Cheers" fan can access a "Cheers" forum, discuss his favorite episode with someone, then invite them to watch it together through screen sharing and video conferencing)
-never experience media the same way twice, watching with live people changes experience
-pairs you with fellow fans or rival team fans for sports events
-gives you a list of media recommended by friends, as well as a list of media recommended specifically for you by a friend ("I wasn't a big fan of this movie, but I know someone who would love it!")

After Party (built into X2 interface)

Recommended For You By Friends

What Your Friends Like

What Your Friends Are Watching Right Now (Join Session) <-- option

Home Movies

How do you iconically recommend shows?


Mobile Device & Hub (we need a name? maybe?)
-form design
-monocle technology (Iconic interaction!!!!!!)
-could be a mobile phone with a dumbed down version or just the latter (lets let them decide)
-new home screen (show in renderings)
-hub mimics mobile devices design, easy to access from the front (clear top makes it easy to see which device is yours when grabbing it)
-store devices in hub to charge


1 comment:

  1. Adding the privacy settings to the after party might be a good idea for the presentation

    ReplyDelete